Video Games Save Lives

"Video games are ruining your life", is a phrase that I have heard over and over again by several of my close relationships.  There was a period of my life where I was spiraling out of control.  The relationship I was pursuing turned for the worst, my friend group was diminishing, my grades were slipping due to lack of motivation, and I entered a state of mind where I struggled to battle for many years. 


I had hit a point in my life where I could not find happiness, there was only one thing that allowed me to find a sense of peace throughout the darkness that consumed me.  Whether it was obliterating opponents in League of Legends, squading up with fireteams in Destiny 2, or exploring the unforgettable dungeons in Legend of Zelda, I found that playing video games was my escape route.  

There was peace and serenity when I stepped into a virtual world, it was like all my problems ceased to exist.  Video games saved my life.  In a way, I was able to tune out the rest of the world and plunge into a world of mystical powers, demonic forces, relentless enemies, and fierce competition.  By focusing my time on video games I was able to climb myself out of the darkness that I crept into, and I stepped into the light.  

I still enjoy playing video games, not as an escape route, but simply to enjoy them and all of their attributes.  Since I have conquered my worldly demons, I eagerly await to fight the virtual ones that long to be slain by my hand.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ProGamerGuide's Possibilities

Hardstuck Silver in League of Legends?

The Future of Gaming